Thursday, October 9, 2008


Caitlyn's volleyball season has ended. She had a good time, and, of course, it's exciting for me to see her playing my favorite sport! Now she's preparing for a program called UIL which is Texas's version of academic decathalon. She is a very bright student, and all that talking she does, combined with her insanely excessive reading addiction, which makes her well versed and mature sounding, has got her speech teacher getting goosebumps about her in class (I talked to her at open house last night), so she'll be participating in oration at the competitions. I think she'll do very well. She's also going to try pantomime (between you and me, I don't know that she'll do as well- CAITLYN not being able to talk??????)

She also got 6 A's and a B on her first report card. She's in all advanced classes, except electives, so we are really happy with her. Tomorrow, she'll have her first "official" babysitting job (one that doesn't involve Ethan and/or Ali) and at someone else's house. She's very excited! My little baby is sure growing up. I can't wait till everyone ses her - you'll be amazed at how "grown up" she's become.

Ethan loves helping me put gas in the car. He's also very good about holding the door for me and other "gentlemanly" tasks. He makes everyone laugh when I tell him what a good gentleman he is and he responds with "I'm not a gentleman, I'm a BOY!"

Alisea had her well-baby check today. She's terrified of doctors offices right now, after the tests she's had done recently, so that was no fun. She is finally putting on a little weight - almost a pound since last month and is finally officially fat enough to face forward in her carseat. She's in the 90th percentile for her height - up from 50th last time, and is at 10 percent for weight. Basically - she's tall and skinny like Uncle Darin.

I keep adding to the slideshow. Here's some more of the monkeys' doings.

1 comment:

Tracy said...

Congratulations to Caitlyn. I am so proud of her. Can you believe it has been almost a year since our visit in Italy. My how time flies. We sure do miss you guys and seeing the little ones grow up!

current slideshow