Sunday, November 16, 2008

The end of a loooooong week!

If I ever volunteer to host two events for a bunch of women in the same week again, just shoot me. I hosted a game night for the squadron, complet with dinner for 13 ladies on Thursday, and turned around and hosted a baby shower for a friend in the squadron on Sat. morning, complete with brunch and the rest of the hoopla. I am not very good at asking for help (except from Caitlyn, who was ready to run away till it was all over by the end). Both went very well, by the way.
On the plus side, my house has been clean all week (the kids were scared for their lives to get anything out). Casey - bless his heart - made a comment on Friday night that became a great conversation piece at the shower. He said "It's so nice to go into the weekend with the house clean!" My female overworked brain is screaming - "what's that supposed to mean? Are you implying that it is usually a pig sty? and so on" and I'm relatively sure he was sincerely trying to give me a compliment on how nice the house looked. Since I needed him to keep the kids out of my hair Saturday I kept quiet in the interest of harmony. We're such great communicators! To his credit, the house almost always needs attention, somewhere!!!

2 comments:

Sabra Palmer said...

I can soooo relate to your loooooooong week and over extending yourself. But don't you feel so good now, you did it and you did it all by yourself, and with Kaitlyn. She is growing up so fast and so beautiful!! Thank goodness for good helpers. I don't know that I would survive without Maddy to help me.

Tracy said...

what a beautiful spread. i know it is stressful but i am sure your friends really appreciated the effort. you are such a wonderful friend. i miss you guys so much.

current slideshow