Thursday, March 26, 2009

Answered Prayers

Brief recap; My (Darla's) dad has a rare form of cancer that he's been battling for 6 ish years now. This cancer grows in his abdomen, randomly and as they get large, do damage to his insides. He's had surgery to remove the masses and this has been successful in keeping him with us. Recently, they came back, much more quickly than before, and his doctors in California (he was on his mission) said they could not operate because of the location of the largest one and that he wasn't expected to live more than a year. I won't go into details except to say that he returned to AZ, his docs there weren't ready to throw in the towell just yet, operated on him this morning, and got the big bugger out that was going to kill him. I don't know what all else this entailed yet, but I'm so so so so so happy and thankful that we've been given more time with him!!! He will have to deal with the recovery, again, but he is such a strong man and I know he'll be alright!! I have some pictures of him from his visit last week, but my darn computer won't accept the card they're on so I am still figuring that one out. He and Fran spent a week here in Del Rio and we loved it!

No comments:

current slideshow